Mike requested Chicken and Dumplings for dinner when I was making up a grocery list. Since I have never made them, I went straight to Martha (I've been finding lots of great recipes on her site). I made a few substitutions in the recipe: I swapped frozen peas for frozen mixed vegetables; I left the dill out of the dumplings because I don't have any; I used bread flour instead of AP flour because I am out of it but I don't think that makes a difference with dumplings.
The kids weren't big fans but Mike seemed to enjoy it and I thought it was good.
And I used baby carrots because that's what we already had here.
ReplyDeleteLooks delish and I LOVE your pot!
ReplyDeleteThe pot is awesome. Each of the Mara's have one. They are called Magnalite and are straight out of the 70's. They still make them new but Mike's Dad actually found ours on Ebay last year for Christmas. They are awesome for big patches or soup and Mara spaghetti sauce.
ReplyDeleteLooks really good. Sorry with going back to work I have not had time to cook, so no recipe today :(
ReplyDeleteThe Magnalite is the Donkey Kong of sauce pots
ReplyDelete