Sunday, May 3, 2009

Anniversary Part One: "Everything's Coming up Roses"

Warning: Multiple blog entries today.

Thursday (April 30th) Mike and I celebrated being married for 4 years. We went to dinner with the kiddos at North Star Cafe. This is one of my favorite places in Columbus and a must visit if you consider yourself the slightest bit "granola" (read the restaurants philosophy on their website). I had my usual tofu sweet basil burrito and black currant iced tea. Mike had his usual spicy chicken pizza. Sam and Ray split a kids cheese pizza; Ray ate way more than Sam!

It had been raining all day and some puddle jumping was in order. We visited The Whetstone Park of Roses (another must see in Columbus and the World actually if you like roses; it is one of the top 10 places in the World to see roses!). Obviously no roses are in bloom right now but Sam had fun jumping in "puddles" and dancing on the "H" (gazebo stage) and climbing the tower that overlooks the roses. I also captured one of my new favorite pictures of Ray. A nice old man took our picture for us then picked up his dogs "business" with his bare hand. (Maybe I should disinfect the camera.) Aah Clintonville. I love Clintonville. The air just smells like community there. But, alas, that is a whole different blog.



3 comments:

  1. We used to go to that park most every summer when we were down for the State Fair and camped at Delaware Lake - very enjoyable!

    Have you been to the Franklin Park Conservatory? We even enjoyed that before they refurbished it - in fact it was almost a scary area 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a wonderful way to kick off our anniversary weekend. I'm we weren't the ones to steal the weedwacker:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS - that tofu sweet basil burrito looks AMAZING.

    I went to the Northstar Cafe website - what a cool place! I need to visit Columbus soon...

    ReplyDelete

What do you say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails