Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quirky Kids



This week has been a bit of a blur with end of the school craziness and a trip out of town over the weekend.  Usually I keep a running list on the computer (does anyone else love the program stickies and apples?) but I neglected to do so this week.  With lack of coffee this is going to be short. (Wow that was a lot of unneeded excuses!)

The boys were camping all weekend and their cousin H, was there too.  H is 6, Sam is 3 1/2 and Ray just turned 2.  While I wasn't there for too much of the weekend I did do bath duty one night with H and Sam.  Here are a few things I overheard:
H: "I'm six so, I have the bigger one."
H: "Wow, I never knew you could fit this many people in here (two boys in a camper tub).  It's like a hot tub!"

Sam cut his own hair on Friday.  When I asked him why he said, "I just didn't want Papa Truck to cut it this time!"

Ray is really proud of himself when he builds a tower.  He says, "Tah-dah!"

Yesterday, Sam was watering his slide in hopes of making it bigger.

Ray has been telling everyone to walk like an elephant or that he is walking like an elephant.  This consists of walking normally but swinging your arm while making a trumpeting sound.

What have your quirky kids been up to?  Write your own post and link up below or just leave something in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Cam (almost 3 years old) has regained interest in the crawl-through tunnel we resurrected for Siah's (9 month) crawling enjoyment. It's pretty funny to see him try to fit in it, because he can't really do so without lifting the structure off the ground just a bit. Anyway, the first time we set it out, Cam climbed in and proceeded to scrunch himself inside. When asked what he was doing, he replied, "Oh, I'm just a honey bee in my hive!" Where did that come from?

    Siah has discovered that he can amplify his voice by babbling through one end of Cam's toy "fire hose". He really does sound like he's on a PA system. He grabs the hose, falls over intentionally and lays sprawled out on the floor in an endless cylce of babble, crack up, babble more, laugh harder, babble louder, laugh more...it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We learned to all howl like wolves yesterday...

    Hubby is trying for a promotion, so Anna asked if he was graduating so he wouldn't have to work anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete

What do you say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails