Bee Vintage (a virtual quilting bee or, VQB for short) is launching in July and I get to host first! Woohoo! There was enough interest in this group that there will actually be two groups. I'm sure many beautiful quilts will be made out of the re-purposed vintage sheets so, you may want to check in on the flickr pool from time to time. (I'll be using these vintage sheet fat quarters to make the quilt blocks.)
For my July blocks, I am requesting a "block o' strings" using this tutorial from "p.s. i quilt". I'll be sending the bee members Kona Grass (solid green fabric) to use as the middle strip.
Here is what my sample block looks like:
Here is a link to see what a string quilt looks like all put together. See how the blocks create a second set of diamonds when you put them together?
And some more pictures of the block just because it's pretty. I am biased though; grassy green is my favorite color!
Sounds like fun and your blocks are going to be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful, especially with that green! I love the pick!
ReplyDelete